10 Days in 2017 To Get Free Entrance Into Michigan’s National Parks
2016 was the 100 year anniversary for the National Park Service. As the calendar turns over to 2017, the service will offer free admission on select days through the year.
According to M-Live, 10 days throughout 2017 will be free admission to the more than 400 national parks including the ones in located in Michigan. Those include Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, Isle Royale National Park and Keweenaw National Historic Park.
Here are ten days where admission will be waived at National Parks.
- January 16th, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 20th, President's Day
- April 15-16 and 22-23, Weekends of National Park Week
- August 25th, National Park Service Birthday
- September 30th, National Public Lands Day
- November 11-12, Veteran's Day Weekend
Be aware that the free admission is for entrance, commercial tour and vehicle entrance. Other fees are not included unless otherwise stated.
You can get more details on the National Park Service here.