A home in Kalamazoo burned for several hours Sunday, after fireworks were set off on the porch.

MLive reports that the blaze started at 7am Sunday at the home in the 800 block of Lake St, where fireworks began exploding on the front porch. The Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety says that they had to take a defensive strategy and that they couldn’t enter the residence due to the flames; reportedly, there were several hundred pounds of fireworks in the home.

No one was in the home at the time of the fire, and no one was injured. Right now, it’s unclear exactly if the fireworks were started by the homeowner or by someone else.

BONUS: BC CAN's Terry Burleson


More From Kalamazoo's Country