Back To School Advice for Kids
These are the things I wish someone had told me as I was headed back to school for a new year.
We asked on Facebook and you delivered on some great advice for Southwest Michigan kids heading back to school.
- Dress in layers and memorize your locker combo.
- Smile and greet everyone in class.
- Be kind.
- Remember bullying is not nice
- There will be both winners and losers. Most of the time you will be in the latter category.
- Always do your best. Always be kind. Always keep a positive attitude.
- Your Best is Enough - even if it’s not the best it could be on a better day.
- Things you can't control:
Who is the smartest.
Who is the prettiest.
Who has the nicest clothes.
Who is most popular.
Things you CAN control:
Who is the kindest!
Be THAT person.
As you can see, the theme is "Be kind." Great advice not just for students but for all of us.