Five Great Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day While Single
Ugh. Valentine's Day. Amiright? It's a little less than a month away, and already your friends are lamenting not being able to find their special someone the perfect gift while you're brushing Doritos dust off your pants and blaming your dog for hiding the remote. But! Being single on Valentine's Day doesn't have to be the sad thing it once was. Check out Five Kick A$$ Ways to Celebrate Valentine's Day While Single...
- Bad Rom-Com Movie Night - Gather up your single friends, or make it a party of one, and rent three of the worst Rom-Coms you can possibly come up with. Some suggestions would be From Justin to Kelly, The Ugly Truth, or anything where Ashton Kutcher has to awkwardly meet parents. Combine with pizza rolls and your favorite frosty beverage. Believe me, halfway through one of these and you're going to be thankful you're single.
- Treat Yo'self to Dinner Out - Go on, get all good-looking. Do the hair, wear your finest outfit, and treat yourself to a nice dinner at a restaurant you would normally not be caught dead in. Order the Surf and Turf. You deserve it. Go for a nice swim in Lake You.
- Oven Lovin' - Nothing says love like a home cooked meal. Why not host a dinner party? Have everyone bring a side, while you make the main dish. Black tie only, of course. It is, after all, Valentine's Day. And a toast with prosecco would be a nice touch
- Wine/Beer Tasting - Wine/beer lovers have their go-to bottles that are always sure to please, and sometimes it's nice to get the chance to sample without the commitment. Each guest brings their favorite bottle. They fill out an index card with a little description (dry, hoppy, sweet, etc). Set the table with the bottles, small sampling cups, and cheese. Don't forget the cheese.
- Skeeball - Seriously. How can you lose? It's skee-ball. Drop a few bucks on a Play Pass at the local Chucky Cheese's, and away you go. You might not walk out of there with a significant other on your arm, but you just might get a Finger Trap, and isn't that really what life is all about?
Final summation; I know a lot of people make a big deal out of Valentine's Day, but it really doesn't need to be so high pressure. Make it your own and start a tradition while you're at it! Just make sure you have plenty of pizza rolls.